Tuesday, November 17, 2015

November 2015 Playlist

It's almost winterrrrrr.  Here are my November jams.

Ghibli of Life Best
This is a CD I picked up on sale last year from my local Tsutaya, which is like your Barnes and Noble/Game Stop/Best Buy/used bookstore/used media store.  They sell CDs, video games, MANGA (comic books), regular books, CARDS (let's du-du-du-du-dudududu DUEL!), etc. new and used.  Anyways, so this CD is really awesome remixed soundtrack music from various Ghibli and Miyazaki films (and also some rap?  near the very end of the CD there are a few tracks with English rap on them interestingly).  It's nice chill music to work to or daydream to or use as BGM.


Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson
(I couldn't find anything official besides this live version, but it's also good and does the job.)
Them Banana Pancakes!  His stuff is really nice if you're looking for a chill kinda romantic guitar sound.

Pentatonix by Pentatonix
Of course, right?!  So they released a new album in mid-October this year, and I finally got my hands on it near the end of October, and I've been listening to it almost every day.  (Can't stop!  Won't stop!)  Anyways, this album definitely sounds more choral, but that doesn't mean it has a boring sound, no, not at all.  In fact, I believe it adds strength and impact to the vocals.  So powerful!  And moving!  My favorite tracks are listed below:
  • Sing
  • Rose Gold
  • First Things First
  • Lean On (on the Deluxe Version)


Little Voice by Sara Bareilles
After a lot of a capella and pop, I craved more piano, and I've been revisiting Sara Bareilles's 2007 album Little Voice.  I really really love the piano in this album, and so I highly recommend it if you like pop music that incorporates piano.  I feel like some of her lyrics are pretty impressive and sometimes poignant, if that's the word I'm thinking of correctly.

Like in "Bottle It Up," the line with the title in it is, "I know that it's your soul/but could you bottle it up," and I loved it when I first heard it.  I know it might be not be that original as artists frequently refer to having to appease the masses at the cost of their art, and it's expected to be heard from any artist in the record label game, but I don't know...  The way it pops up right away in the beginning grabbed my attention.  I know....I'm corny, whatever.  That song's message is not new, but the delivery is really nice in my opinion.


So this is what I'm listening to right now.  It's been good stuff this month for me so far, but aside from the Pentatonix album, a lot of this music has been in my iPod for ages.  I need new music to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment