Thursday, November 5, 2015

Life Update: BookTube and NaNoWriMo and stuff

Long time no see, blogger.

I've been quite busy watching older seasons of The Walking Dead and keeping up with Steven Universe and Gravity Falls.  Omg!  Have you seen the latest episode of Gravity Falls?!?!  How is this a Disney kids show?!  A DISNEY?!?!? KIDS?!?!?!? show!  Anyways, I should probably dedicate a post to reviewing that series.

I've also started biking to and from work 2-3 times a week and also swimming for about 30 minutes 2-3 times a week.  I must get fit!

And now, I'm trying to get back into the groove of YouTube.  I've filmed quite a bit, and now I just need to familiarize myself with iMove and get to editing so I can upload videos!  I definitely have three videos currently ready for the editing process.  Aaaand, I plan to break into BookTube!

Yeah, so let's get to the meat of this post.

I wrote recently about just wanting to be myself and do what I like (which is my new mantra I chant to myself by the way: I do what I want!), and there are two things I want to do:

1. I want to make BookTube videos.

2. I want to participate in NaNoWriMo.


Number 1.  I have no idea how I've overlooked this section of YouTube what with me being a giant YouTube junkie, but I came across it a few weeks ago.  I realized the VlogBrothers are considered a piece of it and one of the YouTube accounts I'm subscribed to (Devan Jean), who is an old college classmate of mine, joined it right under my nose, and so many other clues have just been noticed!  I quickly subscribed to a bunch of BookTubers, and now I am so INSPIRED!  I love everything they do!  How did I not think to do this myself and then stumble upon this community?!  I really really really love books, and I LOVE talking about them with people.  I seriously feel like I've found my calling on YouTube or something, and I can't wait to join.  Now I just got to get to recording and reading again!

Well, I have been reading but just kinda slowly.  The last things I read were The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and a bunch of Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles stuff, and I'm working through Voice-Over Voice Actor: What It's Like Behind the Mic.  I really enjoy reading, and I've been slacking on it.  I'm not sure why, but I get in these moods where I feel like it's too much effort to start something even though I know I love to do it like reading a book, studying Japanese, or playing video games.  Once I get to it though, I enjoy myself a lot and wonder what took me so long to peel myself away from Netflix and couch-potato-ing it out.  Anyways, that era is OVER!  This month I will be reading a bunch and recording and editing a bunch and writing a bunch!

So yeah, number 2.  NaNoWriMo or National Novel Writing Month is NOW, and I'm already 5 days late!  I always have a million ideas (okay, more like 7 or 8) for books, and I never write them down.  I just think and think and daydream the story away in my head without every typing more than a character bio if even that.  But that era is OVER! too!  With the yearly NaNoWriMo, I hope to overcome my laziness and just freakin write something!  I'm trying not to let that fact that I'm late discourage me because the moment I fall prey to laziness, I'll never lift a finger to type a word, and I'll just be a warm potato under the kotatsu all winter long again.

So yeah, these are my announcements.

Also, tinier announcement: I think I wanna be a voice actor.

Like, I say think because I know it's a kinda huge endeavor like becoming a regular actor or any art/rockstar/NBA player kinda thing-job.  But I see the signs.  I liked theater stuff and was involved in it like backstage stuff and acting on stage through a big chunk of grade school, and growing up with my sister, we used to use tape recorders to record things we heard like cartoon show clips and our own voices and just trade back and forth our weird voices and recordings.  I've always just kinda enjoyed making weird voices, too, and I like playing characters and surrendering my mind to fictional worlds.  I know being a hyperimaginative kid and making weird voices and having done theater as a smaller human aren't the strong foundations of a budding successful voice actor, but if I am able to, I want to take some steps towards it and see if I like it.

That's another YouTube plan I have.  I want to follow in BrizzyVoices's steps (and many other impressionists and voice people) and practice voice acting online.  I know it's not as feasible to pursue this dream in Japan, so I think this might influence how long I stay here because I think the American coasts are where I should head next if I want to take this idea to something more concrete...like with voice lessons and community theater and stuff.

I guess I just really like all this creative artsy stuff, and I want in.  I want to play.  I want to read.  I want to write.  I want to make costumes.  I want to wear costumes.  I want to act.  I want to play and be happy.  Do any of you feel this way?  I want to be with other people who feel this way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment