Tuesday, July 14, 2015

June 2015 Playlist

I just ranted a bunch about how awesome I think Pentatonix is and stuff, but I do listen to other music, lol. So here's this past month's playlist of my current favorites.

If you like cartoon and video game music that's pretty upbeat, the following three is what I've been listening to and recommend.

Stronger than you
This song might just be okay out of context, but when I heard it in one of the final season episodes of Steven Universe, I was so captivated by the beat and Estelle's voice and how the song fit so perfectly in the scene that I couldn't stop jamming to it.

Katamari music is just classic game soundtrack music to me. It's so relaxing and fun to listen to while showering or doing chores at home. It brightens up my day.

Tesselate (Alt-J cover) by Ellie Goulding
I like both of the artists mentioned here.  Alt-J is so weird and interesting and has such a subdued coolness that I really like, and Ellie Goulding's pop electronic music is just fun.  I love both artists, so hearing one's version of the other's song is really cool. I also really like Goulding's voice. Sometimes it sounds ethereal.

History of Tenacious D
For those who like the sound of Jack Black and brash and crude lyrics to rock music. I personally really really enjoy most of the music by Tenacious D, especially the soundtrack for Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny.

Step by f(x)
If you're into upbeat kpop, this one is really fun.

Spellbound by TVXQ
Some funky pop kpop

Rmx Works from Super Eurobeat Presents Ayu-ro Mix 3
(Note: I can't find a good link for sampling some of the music so only the Wikipedia article is linked)
So this entire CD is here because nostalgia. My sister is visiting me in Japan, and now that I know Japanese, we decided to revisit some old jpop jams from when we were in grade school. We used to listen to this CD on loop for days and days, and we didn't know Japanese at the time, so we made up our own words to sing along, and we just had fun with it. Now, it's kinda crazy to listen to and realize that I can recognize some of the words and phrases. Anyways, it was a good techno jam back in the 90s, and it's still a good jam now, ha ha.


I know a lot of these are not that recent, but they're still really enjoyable (lol, at least to me).  I hope you like these recommendations, and if you have any recommendations of your own, please don't hesitate to leave them in the comments! I really love listening to music, and lately, I've been listening to the same stuff over and over again so it'd be good to get some different tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment