Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Exam Days

my morning commute
Exam days usually mean that my classes are cancelled, and I'm left to "work" at my desk.  

Sometimes, I really appreciate these days because I read a book, study Japanese and Spanish, derp around on the Internet, and just relax.  I get to work on that one manga I started forever ago.  And I do a little creative writing in Google Docs too.  It's nice sometimes to have what is the equivalent of an extended study period like when I was a student stuck at school with nothing to do.

Sometimes, I really loathe these days because I get so bored and antsy just sitting around for the work day while everyone else is busy running around administering tests and then taking care of kids and making sure they get out of school and then organizing and grading those tests from earlier.  I finish any work I have pretty early and then die of boredom inside.  When the students leave, I stand near the exit and say goodbye to them.  I get up a dozen times to make tea or coffee, use the bathroom, and find a reason to walk somewhere nearby like to check out the printers or maybe chat with a teacher who also just "looks busy."

cake made by a student
Today, I'm feeling more of the former, and I went to work not so early.  I took my time washing my hair this morning and then buying myself lunch at the convenience store before taking the bus.  (There's usually no school lunch on exam days since the students have early dismissal, which ends RIGHT BEFORE LUNCH.)  And today, I've just been chillaxing and taking my time to do any tasks I have to do.

Exam days are pretty fun and relaxing for the Special Education crew too.  One of the younger female students hung out with two of the teacher aids in the cooking room and made cake for themselves and a few of the other teachers who were in the staff room.  So sweet!  Both the treat and the thought!  I was offered a piece, and it was yummy.

I'm thinking about what reviews to write up next.  I finished watching Jessica Jones a couple of weeks ago, and two nights ago, I watched all of season 1 of No Game No Life.  And I can't stop thinking about wither of those shows!!!  I almost want to re-watch No Game No Life since I binged it, and it was over too fast.  It's such a pretty anime and so brightly colored.  うわぁぁ~

https://images6.alphacoders.com/512/512323.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment