Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tales of Kyoto

One day my Kyoto-sensei asked me what my hobbies were, so I jokingly replied that my hobby is to goro goro (ゴロゴロすること), which means to lie around and be lazy.  He made this face and noise of surprise and was like, nah, c'mon, be serious.  We laughed, and the secretary joined in our laughing, and he was also surprised that I said such a thing.  I then struggled to list actual hobbies since goro goro-ing is legit my hobby.  I like to be lazy and do nothing and relax at home.  This is why I have been having trouble updating all these social media things because I come home and sit under my kotatsu and watch Netflix and Youtube and nap.  It's so cold, too, so once I get under that blanket, I don't want to move or do anything that requires leaving the warmth, ha ha.  I laugh, but I cry a little inside.

Anyways, my Kyoto-sensei then went around telling everyone that my hobby is to goro goro, which produced much laughter.  Thanksssssssssssssssssssss.




Another time, and this time was quite elaborate, some of my male teachers and Kyoto-sensei started talking about how at midnight my Kyoto-sensei turns into a beautiful woman and can speak English fluently.  The other teachers assured me that this was true.  However, then in the early morning he regresses back into a baby, but! he can still speak English fluently, but it's difficult being a baby despite the language capability (according to my Kyoto-sensei).  Then he turns back into a man and puts on a suit by 7 am.  He has to in order to go to work.  Naturally.  As a matter of course.

I then commented that that life must be tiring, and he was like, well, yeah, of course, but what you gonna do?

I love my coworkers.


When we all came back to work in January after the winter holiday break, there was a new laminator.  I learned how to use it with help from the secretary, and then one day, Kyoto-sensei came to use it.  I confidently told him about how it takes 4-5 minutes for the laminator to warm up for use, and then he asked me how he would know when it was ready.  I told him there would be a sound, and then before I could say anything else, he said, will it be a めーー (mehhhhh) sound?  He had imitated a sheep sound.  And then without skipping a beat, I was like, yes, because it is the year of the sheep after all.  Laminator-chan knows.

Then Kyoto-sensei asked me, what sound does the year of the cat make? にゃー? (nyaa?)  I acted confused and he nyaa-ed at me again as if trying to define cat for me, and then I said, but there isn't a year of the cat, right?

Kyoto-sense was all sorts of surprised and shocked and was like, whoa!  You know?

Why is he always trying to trick me?  Ha ha ha ha.


More recently, due to the cold since almost none of the classrooms, or any rooms for that matter aside from the staff room and my English classroom, have any form of insulation or heating, portable stoves are being used to heat areas.  One day, Kyoto-sensei had a flatbed cart on which was one of these stoves, and he was wheeling it to a classroom.  I saw him wheeling it around in the hallway.  Then later, I was in the hallway again, and he was in the hallway again wheeling the empty flatbed back.  I called his attention as he neared the storage room he was going to return the thing to, and I asked him some questions about today's schedule, and then he quickly answered them almost as if he didn't really have time for them.  Then I realized why.  He wanted to ask me something.  He asked if I wanted to ride the thing.  And I was like, what?  huh?  It's okay if I get on it?  He gestured for me to hop on, and as I did some students walked by and were like, whoa!  Kyoto-sensei?!  Dara-sensei!  Hey!  And we wheeled into the storage room while making celebratory noises, lol.  Then when we stopped, Kyoto-sensei went, "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAL!" like in a soccer match.  Oh my god, I laughed so hard.

いつもありがとう。

No comments:

Post a Comment