Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I suck at updating

Hi all you beautiful people on the Internet,

So as you can tell...I suck at updating.  I have a youtube, instagram, and this blog, and I continually pass up opportunities to update for XYZ reasons (and it's usually my addiction to Netflix, heh heh).  Thus, I just want to apologize for not updating as much as I would like to and should.

Sooo much has happened in the past few months since moving to Japan, and I've taken a bajillion pictures and videos and seen and been to so many things.  I'm also trying to do the novel thing for November, but you can guess as to how well I'm faring with that.  I've got like 2000 words only so far...but it's a start!  I've never seriously written a long piece of fiction since like elementary school, so I'm actually really excited to put one of my ideas down on digital Google doc paper.  I tend to create characters and settings and sometimes whole plots and timelines for a work of fiction, but they usually stay in my head or very roughly drafted on a series of post-it notes and scrap paper.  I need to get my shit together!  >____<

Anyways, I'm about to declare some things here on the Internet, and hopefully, making these promises concretely documented, I might follow through.



LIST OF THINGS I WILL DO!!!!!

  • Freakin' exercise!
    • And I mean at least walking for an hour (I try to walk home from work instead of taking the bus every day) or doing like 30 minutes of something strenuous every day.  Every day!
  • Write a blog post every week!  Just one!  Right here!
  • Upload at least one video to youtube every three-four weeks.
    • I really want to upload every two weeks, but I have to be realistic and then try building up from there.  I love recording but not so much editing.
  • Stop being lazy and just post pics to instagram....like almost everyday.
    • I seriously take pics on my phone almost everyday, but I take weeks to ever upload them to anywhere.
  • Write!  For fun!
    • I don't ever really do this anymore, and it needs to be a habit again.  Middle school me would be so disappointed in how little reading and writing I do nowadays.  Grrrrr, Netflix!
So why am I posting this list to like maybe the two people who even read this?  Well, I seriously want to feel like I'm cool again.  I used to have hobbies, and lately, I just come home after work and couch potato all evening.  I used to be active, and I used to do things.  I am bored with myself, so I gotta fix this, and the only one who can fix this is me.  And as far as all the social media is concerned, I want to be more involved with my Internet presence because, well, it's the main form of communication I have with all the people I love and care about.  I live miles and hours away from my family, boyfriend, and friends, and I'm so awful at staying in touch, but everyone is so good at checking the Internet, so I figured, if I post a bunch of stuff on these websites, it'll help me keep in touch.  Also, maybe, since I'm in an interesting position, some of my ramblings and posts can help other people who may have questions about the kind of lifestyle I have.

Okay, done rambling for now, but oh my, I'm on a roll now....maybe I'll keep updating all the things today!!

Take care, my lovelies~

No comments:

Post a Comment